Tuesday, March 1, 2011




I think this is a beautiful picture of the Nauvoo Temple. When Aubrey was only about 9 months old I went to Nauvoo with a good friend Carole Townsend. At that time, in the summer of 2001, the Temple was still being built. I can remember walking around the site and seeing a man working in the Temple at the high center peak window getting ready to install the beautiful window. When we came back about an hour later the window was set and it was beautiful. Around this same time I began reading the Work and the Glory, which is so wonderful, and it was great to be in the same place the Joseph Smith and all the early members of the church were able to enjoy a period of peace and joy.

Our family was blessed to return to the Nauvoo Temple in May 2010, for the sealing of Karen, TJ and Topher. It was a wonderful experience to be able to go in the Temple with Topher to help prepare him for the sealing. Jon and I then watched ten kids outside the Temple during the sealing, that was very entertaining! Jon was a great Uncle! He bought all the kids lunch, treats, ice cream, cobbler, hair bows, etc. He was pretty much everyone's favorite person that day! The weekend was really wonderful, we all enjoyed seeing the extended family.

In October of 2010 I was blessed to be able to return to Nauvoo for a third time where as the YW President we brought the Youth. It was a lot of fun and it was great to see all the hard work pay off. The Youth really enjoyed their time.

No comments:

Post a Comment